Sword PC Bible Study Tools
Download the Sword Project PC Bible from The CrossWire Society.
The Sword Reader features a 3 window viewer that allows you to display your
Bibles in one window, your commentaries in another and your dictionaries and
lexicons in another. There is a Personal Commentary for keeping notes of your Bible Study tied to a specific Bible chapter, full Greek and
Hebrew lexicons tied to Interlinear Bibles and a great word or phrase search
tool. The Sword is easy to download and start using and is absolutely
free to end users.
Please follow these instructions
- You must install the Reader before installing the
- Shut down all other programs on your PC aside from
your web browser.
- Click once on the Sword Reader button below.
- Choose to Run the Program (Do not choose Save the
- Accept all of the defaults for the Reader. It
will download the main reader, the AKJV Bible, your Personal Commentary
and Nave's Topical Index. The first install program will download the
files and once you hit finish, will launch the software install program
on your machine. Again, accept the defaults, this is important for
your next step in loading the additional modules.
- Read and accept the license. This is a free,
open license to use the software.
- A Read Me file will open. Read the file and the
warning on privacy, especially if you are outside of the USA. Close the
- The Install Manager will launch, you will not need
this for this install so close the Install Manager window.
- Click finish and return to this window.
Now install the modules:
- Click on any of the Sword Module Pack buttons below -- Choose to
Run the Program.
- Read and accept the license and please remember to
pick the default file locations.
- Pick the Default or Custom install. Custom lets
you pick all of the modules you want.
- Install downloads and places the files in the correct
- Next time you run Sword the modules will
||Interlinear Greek New
Testament, International Standard Version Bible, King James Version of
1611 w/ Strong's Numbers, Brown Driver Briggs Hebrew Lexicon, Smith's
Bible Dictionary, Strong's Greek and Hebrew Bible Dictionary, Barnes'
New Testament Notes, Adam Clark's Commentary on the Bible, Matthew
Henry's Concise Commentary, Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge
||1965 Bible in Basic
English, World English Bible, 1898 Young's Literal Translation,
Thayer's Greek Lexicon, R. A. Torrey's New Topical Textbook, Jamison
Fausset Brown Bible Commentary, Scofield Reference Notes, 1917 Ed.,
John Wesley's Notes on the Bible, C. H. Spurgeon's Treasury of David,
Jonathan Bagster's Daily Light on the Daily Path, C. H. Spurgeon's
Morning and Evening: Daily Readings
Loving God * Serving Others * United By Faith
Jemison First Baptist Church | 24348 US Hwy 31 PO Box 760 | Jemison, AL 35085 | PH: 205-688-4446